This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson® Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine. #NowEvenCrispier #TysonCrispyChickenStrips #KrogerCrispyChicken #CollectiveBias
Sometimes, the simple task of fixing dinner feels like the biggest headache. That’s because it comes at the end of the day, when we’re already spent from work, taking care of the kids, and the random assortment of tasks and activities that fill up our lives every day.
But when it comes to dinner, it doesn’t have to be hard! I suggest keeping specific food items on hand at all times in your pantry, fridge, and freezer so you can whip up a tasty dinner really fast. With this in mind, I’m sharing with you my recipe for Sticky Sweet Crispy Chicken Strips. Easiest dinner recipe ever! And you’ll really be impressed with the flavor.
Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips for the Win!
The key to this recipe is the chicken. Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips are just so ridiculously handy! I bought them at Kroger in the frozen foods section: These all-white meat Chicken Strips are a total must-have for your freezer. They have a new and improved recipe that is now even crispier and taste amazing. They use no antibiotics in their chicken ever, and these strips are 100% all-natural and made with no artificial ingredients. I especially love the resealable zip top bag. This makes it easy to make just the right amount of Chicken Strips for your family and then keep the rest in the freezer to cook at a later time. Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips make it so simple to whip up a batch of Sticky Sweet Crispy Chicken Strips! So let me tell you more about the recipe…
Making Sticky Sweet Crispy Chicken Strips
First, preheat your oven and bake the chicken strips according to the package instructions. Also pretty cool that the package now includes air fryer instructions! So if that’s your thing, cook the Chicken Strips in the air fryer. While the strips are baking (or air frying!), combine red hot sauce, brown sugar, a tablespoon of BBQ sauce, and some corn syrup in a medium sauce pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cook for a few minutes until the sugar is dissolved. I finished the sticky sweet glaze with about a tablespoon of water, just to thin it out a bit. Finally, coat the hot chicken strips in the sauce. You can do this by dipping them in the sauce with a fork, or use a spoon or silicone pastry brush to baste the sauce over the Chicken Strips on the baking sheet after they’re finished baking. OH.EM. GEE. These are good! When I was pregnant with my daughter, I used to send my husband out all the time for honey chipotle chicken strips from a big chain restaurant near us. I wish I had this recipe back then! These Sticky Sweet Crispy Chicken Strips made with Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips are every bit as good as what I used to order in a restaurant. I recommend serving them with ranch dressing for dipping. On the side, you can add oven baked fries and a salad for a complete dinner.
These sticky Crispy Chicken Strips are a little bit spicy. I’m sensitive to heat, but they were not hot to me at all; just a mild spice. But for kids who don’t like anything spicy, I suggest you just serve them the Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips plain with some sauce for dipping. That way everyone’s happy! *Drool*Print
Sticky Sweet Crispy Chicken Strips are so good your family will think you ordered takeout! This dish is easy to make and a big winner for a weeknight dinner.
- 25 ounce package Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips
- 1/3 cup red hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup, optional (adds shine and a little extra sweetness to the sauce)
- 1 tablespoon water
- Ranch dressing, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread the Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips onto an ungreased sheet pan (line with foil for easy clean up) and bake according to package instructions. Note: the package also provides air fryer instructions as an alternative to oven baking.
- While the chicken strips are baking, combine the hot pepper sauce, brown sugar, corn syrup, and BBQ sauce in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to low heat. Stir often and allow the sauce to simmer just until the sugar is completely dissolved, about 5-8 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- When the chicken strips are finished baking, add 1 tablespoon of water to the sauce and whisk well. This thins the sauce a bit as it may thicken too much while cooling. Coat each chicken strip in the sauce by either dipping them into the sauce with a fork, or by spreading the sauce over each chicken strip with a silicone pastry brush.
- Serve hot with ranch dressing for dipping if desired.
- Category: Chicken, dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken, nuggets, strips, BBQ, family dinner
Ya’ll Come Back Now, Ya Hear?
Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out this recipe! Please click here to learn more about Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips.
When you make this recipe, be sure to tag me on Instagram (@momneedschocolate) or click here to see this pin on Pinterest where you can upload your own picture of your Sticky Sweet Crispy Chicken Strips after you make them. I would love to hear how you like them!