Sticky Sweet Crispy Chicken Strips are so good your family will think you ordered takeout! This dish is easy to make and a big winner for a weeknight dinner.
- 25 ounce package Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips
- 1/3 cup red hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup, optional (adds shine and a little extra sweetness to the sauce)
- 1 tablespoon water
- Ranch dressing, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread the Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips onto an ungreased sheet pan (line with foil for easy clean up) and bake according to package instructions. Note: the package also provides air fryer instructions as an alternative to oven baking.
- While the chicken strips are baking, combine the hot pepper sauce, brown sugar, corn syrup, and BBQ sauce in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to low heat. Stir often and allow the sauce to simmer just until the sugar is completely dissolved, about 5-8 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- When the chicken strips are finished baking, add 1 tablespoon of water to the sauce and whisk well. This thins the sauce a bit as it may thicken too much while cooling. Coat each chicken strip in the sauce by either dipping them into the sauce with a fork, or by spreading the sauce over each chicken strip with a silicone pastry brush.
- Serve hot with ranch dressing for dipping if desired.
- Category: Chicken, dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken, nuggets, strips, BBQ, family dinner