This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Kaukauna100
Easy Holiday Cheese Ball Wreath
Is your holiday season super busy? Mine is! November and December are filled with parties and travel and family celebrations, not to mention shopping and volunteering plus the usual daily life activities. With all of this in mind, I wanted to bring you a recipe for your holiday celebrations that will wow your family and friends while not taking up a lot of your precious time. Enter… Holiday Cheese Ball Wreath! I’m going to give you the simple recipe and step-by-step instructions with pictures. Consider this my holiday gift to you!
Cheese Ball, Please!
To make this Holiday Cheese Ball Wreath, you’ll start with Kaukauna® cheese balls. I love them!
The Kaukauna® brand is turning 100 years old in 2018. These perfect cheese balls and cheese spreads have always been made in Wisconsin. To celebrate being 100 years young this year, Kaukauna® has introduced their NEW Sharp Cheddar and Port Wine cheese ball flavors with absolutely no artificial anything. Simply delicious flavor with no artificial additives.
Click here now for more delicious recipes from Kaukauna® AND enter for a chance to WIN!*
*No Purchase Necessary. The #Kaukauna100 #Sweepstakes begins on 11/14/18 at 12:00:00 AM ET and ends on 12/23/18 at 11:59:59 PM ET. There are multiple Entry Periods during the Sweepstakes. Legal residents of the 50 US/DC only, 18+. Void where prohibited. One Grand Prize: $500 Visa card & vintage Kaukauna® crock (ARV $75). Forty-one daily prizes (ARV $100 each) consist of Visa Card (from $50-$100) and vintage Kaukauna® crock ($15 to 50 ARV). ARV all prizes $4,650. By participating, you agree to the Official Rules at https://kaukauna100rules.pgtb.me/T2k21m
Making a Holiday Cheese Ball Wreath
This recipe is really fun and easy since Kaukauna® already did the work of making delicious cheese balls. I used two cheese balls; both were sharp cheddar flavor, but feel free to get creative and try other Kaukauna® cheese ball flavors such as port wine and smoky bacon (yum!).
Place your cheese balls on a cutting board and slice away the sides, top, and bottom of the cheese ball almond coating. Do not discard this! These outside areas will become mini cheese balls.
Next, cut the middle of the cheese ball into 1-inch cubes and roll them into balls. This can be pretty rustic; no need for perfection here!
Now you’ll also roll the slices of the outside of the cheese ball that were coated in the almond into little balls.
Roll the rest of the cheese balls in different toppings such as black sesame seeds, chopped dried cranberries, chopped pecans, and chopped cilantro.
Finally, arrange your bite sized cheese balls on a rustic platter in the shape of a wreath. Place fresh herbs such as sage and rosemary around the wreath and garnish with fresh cranberries.
Serve your Holiday Cheese Ball Wreath with crispy pretzels and buttery crackers.
I like that pretzel sticks act as a toothpick to pick up the mini cheese balls.
Can you imagine how pretty this will look on your holiday table?!
It really serves as both appetizer AND decoration at the same time.
A simple, delicious, and stunning centerpiece of bite-sized cheese balls for your holiday table!
- 2 Kaukauna cheese balls, any flavor (sharp cheddar suggested)
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- Fresh sage and rosemary for garnish
- 1/3 cup fresh cranberries for garnish
- Assorted crackers and pretzels
- Open the cheese balls and place them on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut away the almond coated sides, top, and bottom of the cheese balls. Roll those almond coated sides into bite-sized 1-inch balls (almond sides out) and set aside.
- Cut the inside portion of the cheese balls into 1-inch cubes, then roll them into balls.
- Roll 1/4 of the cheese balls in finely chopped pecans, roll another 1/4 in black sesame seeds, roll another 1/4 in chopped fresh cilantro, and roll the final 1/4 in finely chopped dried cranberries.
- Arrange all of the mini cheese balls (including the almond coated balls set aside earlier) on a rustic serving platter in the shape of a wreath.
- Arrange fresh sage and rosemary around the wreath for garnish. Add fresh cranberries for garnish around the wreath.
Serve with pretzels and crackers. Serves 12.
Tell me about your holiday cheese ball wreath!
After you make your holiday cheese ball wreath, come back and tell me about it in the comments below! You can also click here to see this pin on Pinterest and leave a comment there or even a picture so we can see how your wreath turned out.