A simple, delicious, and stunning centerpiece of bite-sized cheese balls for your holiday table!
- 2 Kaukauna cheese balls, any flavor (sharp cheddar suggested)
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- Fresh sage and rosemary for garnish
- 1/3 cup fresh cranberries for garnish
- Assorted crackers and pretzels
- Open the cheese balls and place them on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut away the almond coated sides, top, and bottom of the cheese balls. Roll those almond coated sides into bite-sized 1-inch balls (almond sides out) and set aside.
- Cut the inside portion of the cheese balls into 1-inch cubes, then roll them into balls.
- Roll 1/4 of the cheese balls in finely chopped pecans, roll another 1/4 in black sesame seeds, roll another 1/4 in chopped fresh cilantro, and roll the final 1/4 in finely chopped dried cranberries.
- Arrange all of the mini cheese balls (including the almond coated balls set aside earlier) on a rustic serving platter in the shape of a wreath.
- Arrange fresh sage and rosemary around the wreath for garnish. Add fresh cranberries for garnish around the wreath.
Serve with pretzels and crackers. Serves 12.