Well, if you’re going to have a snack… have a SNACK. Grab a comfy seat, turn on the TV, and stuff your face with this treat. Don’t do this too often or you’ll end up looking like your auditioning to be the Christmas ham. Every once in a while though, we just need a break from behaving reasonably… enter Buffalo Mozzarella Sticks….
I’ve clearly come to terms with being the Buffalo Chicken Lasagna lady. It’s all good. The only problem is now my brain is full of recipe ideas using wing sauce. I see hot sauce in my dreams! I did not literally dream up this recipe… it’s a pretty obvious combo. Crunchy fried cheese sticks rolled in homemade wing sauce and drizzled with creamy dressing… total no-brainer.
This was actually my first time making homemade wing sauce. Usually I just pick up a bottle at the store or a local restaurant. I gave to say, making sauce is easy! It’s also great because you can adjust the flavors yourself to your own taste. You can try adding a little garlic, some cayenne for more heat, or more honey for a sweeter flavor.
- 1 package (size of your choice) frozen mozzarella cheese sticks
- 1 cup Franks Red Hot sauce
- 1 stick butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Garnish of your choice: green onions, red onions, carrots, celery, ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, blue cheese crumbles, etc.
1. In a medium pot, heat the butter until melted. Add hot sauce and honey then simmer for one minute, whisking to combine.
2. Deep fry the mozzarella sticks according to package directions.
3. Dip the fried mozzarella sticks in the wing sauce.
4. Arrange the Buffalo Mozzarella Sticks on a platter and top with your choice of garnish. Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing and any leftover wing sauce.