Alright, friends… grab a comfy seat, turn on the TV, and get ready for a snack to remember. Don’t do this too often or you’ll end up looking like your auditioning to be the Christmas ham. Every once in a while though, we just need a break from behaving reasonably… enter Buffalo Mozzarella Sticks!
The Classic Flavor… With a Twist
I ate my first Buffalo wing when I was 30. Yep, that’s right. I did not even taste a chicken wing until I had lived three decades on this earth. I didn’t think I would like wings. Turns out, I love them! I’m a fan of the BBQ sauce style chicken wings, but there is a very special place in my heart for traditional Buffalo wing sauce. Love the stuff!
I’ve clearly come to terms with being the Buffalo Chicken Lasagna lady. It’s all good. Since the success of that recipe I find my brain is full of recipe ideas using Buffalo wing sauce. I see hot sauce in my dreams!
Now, I did not literally dream up this Buffalo Mozzarella Sticks recipe… it’s a pretty obvious combo. Crunchy fried cheese sticks rolled in homemade wing sauce and drizzled with creamy dressing… total no-brainer.
Homemade Buffalo Wing Sauce
This was actually my first time making homemade Buffalo wing sauce. Usually I just pick up a bottle at the store or a local restaurant. I have to say, making the sauce is easy! It’s also great because you can adjust the flavors yourself to your own taste. You can try adding a little garlic, some cayenne for more heat, or more honey for a sweeter flavor.Print
- 1 24 ounce package frozen mozzarella cheese sticks
- 1 cup Franks Red Hot sauce
- 1 stick butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Garnish of your choice: green onions, red onions, carrots, celery, ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, blue cheese crumbles, etc.
1. In a medium pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add hot sauce and honey then simmer for one minute, whisking to combined.
2. Deep fry the mozzarella sticks in oil according to package directions.
3. Coat the freshly fried mozzarella sticks in the wing sauce.
4. Arrange the Buffalo Mozzarella Sticks on a platter and top with your choice of garnish. Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing and any leftover wing sauce.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 539
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 1048
- Fat: 42
- Saturated Fat: 25
- Unsaturated Fat: 14
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 14
- Protein: 26
- Cholesterol: 124
Enjoy your cheesy, spicy, crispy Buffalo Mozzarella Sticks!