Buffalo Mozzarella Sticks are just the right snack for movie night, Super Bowl night, game night, or any time you want a spicy, crispy, cheesy treat. These are so easy to make and incredibly delicious!
The Classic Flavor… With a Twist
I ate my first Buffalo wing when I was 30. Yep, that’s right. I did not even taste a chicken wing until I had lived three decades on this earth. I didn’t think I would like wings. Turns out, I love them! I’m a fan of the BBQ sauce style chicken wings, but there is a very special place in my heart for traditional Buffalo wing sauce.
Homemade Buffalo Wing Sauce
This was actually my first time making homemade Buffalo wing sauce. Usually I just pick up a bottle at the store or a local restaurant. I have to say, making the sauce is easy! It’s also great because you can adjust the flavors yourself to your own taste. You can try adding a little garlic, some cayenne for more heat, or more honey for a sweeter flavor.Print
- 1 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 24 ounce package frozen mozzarella cheese sticks
- Oil for deep frying
- Garnish of your choice: green onions, red onions, carrots, celery, ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, blue cheese crumbles, etc.
1. In a medium pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add hot sauce and honey then simmer for one minute, whisking to combined.
2. Deep fry the mozzarella sticks in oil according to package directions.
3. Coat the freshly fried mozzarella sticks in the wing sauce.
4. Arrange the Buffalo Mozzarella Sticks on a platter and top with your choice of garnish. Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing and any leftover wing sauce.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Appetizer
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 539
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 1048
- Fat: 42
- Saturated Fat: 25
- Unsaturated Fat: 14
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 14
- Protein: 26
- Cholesterol: 124
Enjoy your cheesy, spicy, crispy Buffalo Mozzarella Sticks!