Spaghetti Stuffed Garlic Bread is a fun twist on the classic spaghetti dinner. This lovely loaf of bread with a braided look will be a exciting to cut into revealing the spaghetti, meat sauce, and melted cheese inside.
Easy Bread Dough Solutions
The smell of fresh baking bread is such a happy smell to fill a home! When I make Spaghetti Stuffed Garlic Bread, I start with a very easy option for the bread dough: frozen bread dough! You’ll find this in the freezer section of your grocery store. I always choose either Rhodes or Kroger brand.
Skipping the steps of mixing and kneading really save some time. I just pop a frozen loaf into a greased pan and let it thaw and rise according to the package directions. This does take some time, so plan accordingly.
Making Spaghetti Stuffed Garlic Bread
After the bread dough is thawed, I rolled it out on a very lightly floured surface. I roll it out fairly thin, like a pizza dough.
>>>Click here now to pin this recipe to Pinterest<<<
I transferred the dough to my largest non-stick cookie sheet, then spooned a mixture of cooked ground beef and marinara sauce (I’m also just calling it “spaghetti sauce”) down the center, leaving a very wide margin of dough along each side.
Next, the meat sauce is topped with cooked spaghetti mixed with spaghetti sauce. I always prefer angel hair, but regular spaghetti is also wonderful.
After a very generous amount of shredded mozzarella cheese is added to the top, I cut 1 inch wide strips into the dough along the sides. Be sure to cut the same number of strips on each side.
I folded the very end of the dough in to hold in the filling, then I crisscrossed the dough strips across the filling, moving from one end of the loaf to the other. When I reached the other end, I folded that end of the dough in to finish the loaf.
>>>Looking for more dinner recipes? Click here now to see what other recipes we love!<<<
After baking, you get this beautiful Spaghetti Stuffed Garlic Bread!
I melted butter and stirred in garlic powder then brushed in all over the loaf for an extra buttery garlic flavor. Yum!
I served the Spaghetti Stuffed Garlic Bread with grated parmesan cheese.
>>>Click here now to pin this recipe to Pinterest<<<Print
Spaghetti Stuffed Garlic Bread
Spaghetti Stuffed Garlic Bread is a fun twist on the classic spaghetti dinner. This lovely braid of bread will be a exciting to cut into revealing the spaghetti, meat sauce, and melted cheese inside.
1 loaf frozen bread dough
8 ounces spaghetti or angel hair pasta (half of a typical size box)
1 24 ounce jar spaghetti sauce, divided
1 pound lean ground beef
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Allow the bread dough to thaw and rise according to the package instructions. This step will take several hours. During the last 20-30 minutes of the dough rising, move on to the next steps.
- Crumble and brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until full cooked. Drain off any excess fat. Add half of the jar of spaghetti sauce and reduce the heat to low. Allow the sauce to simmer as you move on to the next steps.
- Boil the spaghetti or angel hair noodles according to package directions. Drain and then stir in the remaining half of the spaghetti sauce. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the bread dough out into a rectangle; approximately 18 inches wide and 24 inches long. The dough may shrink a bit after you roll it out, but this is okay.
- Spray a large cookie sheet with non-stick spray then transfer the rolled out bread dough to the cookie sheet.
- Pour the meat sauce down the center of the bread dough. Top with the spaghetti and then sprinkle the top of the spaghetti with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cut 1 inch wide strips into the dough on each side of the filling starting from the outside right up to the filling. Make a cut on one side and then make a matching cut on the other side to be sure you have the same number of dough strips on each side.
- Create a loaf by crisscrossing the dough over the filling. Start at one end and work your way from side to side until you reach the other end.
- Bake the loaf at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Combine the melted butter and garlic powder then brush the mixture over the baked spaghetti bread.
Makes 8 servings.
Yay for Cheese
Do you love cheese? Try adding extra cheese on top of the meat layer before the spaghetti layer. Then you’ll have extra melty goodness all through the loaf! You could even use slices of fresh mozzarella if your budget allows.
Tell Me More!
Love this recipe? Tell me about it in the comments below! You can leave me a five star rating so others know it’s a winner. 🙂
After you make these Spaghetti Stuffed Garlic Bread, be sure to snap a picture and upload it to Pinterest. All you have to do is click here to see the pin and then click on the “Add Photo” button to add your own photo and show others how they turned out for you.