This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #InspireWithCheese | Rosemary and Olive Oil Cracker Recipe
Inspired by Cheese
Cheese and crackers are a perfect compliment to any table for any reason. I always like to think of a really basic snack that everyone loves and then step it up a notch. So instead of just basic cheese and crackers, I’m serving Kaukauna® Cheese Balls and Cheese Logs with homemade Rosemary and Olive Oil Crackers.
No Ordinary Cracker
This Rosemary and Olive Oil Cracker Recipe is not an ordinary cracker, yet it’s simple and a perfect base for creamy, flavorful Kaukauna® cheese. You begin by mixing up the dough and forming it into a ball to rest on the counter:
After the dough has rested for about ten minutes, you’ll cut it into four pieces and roll each piece out on a floured surface.
I try to roll my cracker dough very, very thin. Think tortilla thin. If you roll your crackers thicker, they will take a bit longer to bake and get crispy in the oven.
The end result… delicious!
Kaukauna®, My Friend
I mentioned Kaukauna® Cheese Balls and Cheese Logs above. I visited Meijer and picked up a Sharp Cheddar and Port Wine cheese balls as well as a Double Sharp Cheddar cheese log. These Kaukauna® cheese balls and logs will make entertaining and snacks a dream to prepare!
Kaukauna® is a delicious and easy entertaining solution made with 100% real cheddar.
Kaukauna® comes in cups, logs, and balls and many different flavors that you will love. Kaukauna® is delicious by itself or part of a recipe. I love that they’re beautiful right from the package! I place them on a platter and surround them with crackers and I’m ready to serve.
A great entertaining spread is equal parts great food and great presentation. That’s why Kaukauna® is a perfect partner for your entertaining endeavors. They take care of making the high-quality, delicious cheese your guests will love. Then, all you need to do is add your creative touches to its presentation to make it the perfect appetizer that looks as special as it tastes.
Rosemary and Olive Oil Cracker Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the flour, rosemary, pepper, salt, and sugar until well combined. Add the olive oil and water and mix well.
- 3. Form the dough into a ball and set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- 4. Cut the dough into four equal pieces. On a floured surface, roll each piece out to a very thin sheet (as thin as possible).
- 5. Transfer each sheet of dough to a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake at 450 for about 4 minutes. Flip each cracker sheet and bake for an additional 4 minutes, until golden brown edges appear. NOTE: the length of baking will depend on how thin the dough is. Be sure to watch the crackers very carefully as they cook to avoid burning. If your crackers are a bit thick, you'll need to bake them an additional minute or two on each side.
- 6. Turn the oven off then remove the cracker sheets from the oven and allow them to cool for about 5 minutes. Break the sheets into your desired size of crackers and return them to the baking sheet.
- 7. Place the crackers on the baking sheet into the warm oven (be sure it is off) for about 30-60 minutes (depending on the thickness of the crackers) to get crispy. The crackers will be crisp and golden brown when they are ready.
Enter for a Chance to Win
For a chance to win prizes through a Kaukauna® sweepstakes, you can either share a pre-written tweet, visit the social hub, visit Kaukauna®’s Facebook page, or visit Kaukauna®’s Pinterest page! Four lucky winners will win an “entertaining basket” that includes a $250 Visa gift card, apron, oven mitt, kitchen towel, Kaukauna® cheeseboard, and serving platter. Ten lucky winners will receive a $100 Visa gift card, and fifteen lucky winners will receive either a $25 Visa gift card, a Kaukauna® cheeseboard, and an oven mitt or apron! Sweepstakes entry dates are 11/15/2017 12:00am ET to 12/31/2017 11:59pm ET. See Official Rules: http://cbi.as/a10gz
#InspireWithCheese #Sweepstakes (11/15 to 12/31)
Save on Kaukauna®!
Click here now to save on any Kaukauna® Cheese product! (11/15/17 through 12/31/17, or until offer expires.) Also, be sure to visit Kaukauna®’s website for more great entertaining tips that will inspire you with easy ideas for the holiday season. Enjoy making this Rosemary and Olive Oil Cracker Recipe!