This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #KickoffWithGreatTaste #CollectiveBias
Homemade Fried Zucchini for Your Football Watching Party
Are you a big football fan? You don’t have to be at the game to enjoy the full game experience! Throw an epic football watching party at home.
Invite friends and family over, make sure there is plenty of comfy seating, make some delicious snacks (like Homemade Fried Zucchini!), and enjoy the game!
For my game watching menu, I picked up a 24-pack of Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar at Walmart. Arrange the cans in a big bowl of ice and place it near the game watching action to keep your guests refreshed. Coca-Cola® and Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar pair perfectly with your game day snacks.
Walmart makes it easy for you to stock up on all the things you’ll need for a fun and relaxing day watching the game. You can even save time by ordering your groceries online! You do not need to go inside the store to pick-up your Online Grocery Pick-up order. Online Grocery Pick-up is delivered right to your car. Click here now to learn more about Walmart’s Grocery Pick-up service.
Making Homemade Fried Zucchini
It’s really fun to make homemade fried zucchini! These crispy little zucchini fries will be delicious with an ice cold Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar.
Start with fresh zucchini:
Slice the zucchini into 2-3 inch long wedges the size of steak fries:
Next, you’ll mix together the coating ingredients:
A plastic zip top bag makes it easy to coat the zucchini. Just mix the dry coating ingredients right in the bag, toss in the zucchini, seal the bag, then shake until all of the zucchini is well coated. This part is fun for kids to do!
After the zucchini are all coated in the flour mixture, dip each piece in egg and then roll in a panko and freshly grated parmesan cheese mixture:
After all of the zucchini are breaded, fry them in small batches in oil until crispy. Then you get these:
Serve the Homemade Fried Zucchini hot with dipping sauces like warm marinara or ranch dressing. This snack is a game day win!
Set Up the Party
I placed the crispy fried zucchini in parchment paper lined glassed and served them with ice cold Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar.
This is totally optional, but if you have a little fresh parsley and extra parmesan cheese on hand, sprinkle it over the zucchini for a pretty garnish.
Homemade Fried Zucchini
2 pounds of zucchini (I prefer smaller size zucchini)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Vegetable oil for frying
Salt to taste
- Wash and trim the ends from the zucchini. Cut the zucchini into 2-3 inch spears (think thick French fries size).
- In a gallon size plastic zipper bag, combine the flour, garlic powder, and salt then shake to combine. Pour the zucchini into the bag and shake to coat.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, paper towels, or a cloth towel. Pour the beaten eggs into a shallow bowl. Mix the panko and parmesan cheese together in a separate shallow bowl. Dip each zucchini piece into the eggs and then roll in the panko mixture until well coated. Lay the coated zucchini on the baking sheet and repeat the process with all of the zucchini.
- Heat 2-3 inches of vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat to about 350 degrees. Fry the zucchini fries in small batches for about 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the fried zucchini from the oil and place on paper towels to allow any extra oil to drain off. Sprinkle the zucchini with salt to taste.
- Serve hot with ranch dressing. Makes 4 servings.
Host Your Game Day
What recipes do you love to share with friends on game day?
Be sure to click here now for more fall football “homegating” tips and inspiration!