Thank you to Tradewinds Slow-Brewed Teas in partnership with Mom It Forward Bloggers Network for sponsoring this post. #MomentsToSavor
I love a fancy dinner out as much as the next person. But isn’t there something so happy and comforting about a familiar, simple meal at home? One of my favorite meals as a kid was my mom’s Chicken Packets. These warm, buttery, crispy little golden pockets of goodness stuffed with creamy chicken filling are a perfect end to a busy day.
Chicken Packets can be ready in as little as 30 minutes. Just put the packets together and while they’re baking toss together a simple salad and you have dinner!
I suggest cooking chicken breasts in a slow cooker, then shredding the meat and freezing it to have ready for this recipe. My mom used to use leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken, which works really well too. I would also recommend checking your grocery store’s deli to see if they sell pre-cooked rotisserie chicken already shredded. That is what I did when I cooked the Chicken Packets pictured below and it worked out so well!
I don’t want to tell you what to do, but… actually, I do want to tell you what to do. Haha! You really should pair your Chicken Packets with an ice cold glass of Tradewinds Slow-Brewed Sweet Tea. NOW you have the perfect meal to curl up with on the couch with big, cozy blankets and your favorite movies.
Keep a gallon of your favorite Tradewinds flavors in your fridge so you have access to fresh-brewed tea yumminess any time. Click here to see all of the Tradewinds varieties and to find a bottle near you!
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup crushed croutons
1. In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, green onions, salt, garlic powder, and milk. Add chicken.
2. Separate the crescent roll dough triangles. Arrange two triangles together to form a rectangle and pinch the seams together. Repeat with all dough triangles to create 8 rectangles.
3. Spoon the chicken mixture evenly onto one half of each crescent roll dough rectangles.
4. Fold one end of the dough rectangle over the chicken filling and pinch the edges together to create the chicken packet.
5. Place each chicken packet onto a greased baking sheet; brush with melted butter and top with a sprinkle of crushed croutons.
6. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 201
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 309
- Fat: 13
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Unsaturated Fat: 4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Protein: 14
- Cholesterol: 68
What flavor of Tradewinds Slow Brewed Iced Tea do you love best?