Update: I’ve just added two new recipes that you might be interested in: Buffalo Chicken Pasta and Buffalo Mozzarella Sticks
BUFFALO CHICKEN LASAGNA! Excuse my excitement… but this is awesome! I’m actually new to buffalo wings. I ate my first wing at thirty years old. Yep, it’s true. Wings never seemed like “my thing.” But I was wrong… oh so wrong. I loveeee Buffalo wings now!
When I saw a recipe for Buffalo chicken lasagna I was really excited! But once I read the recipes I found online I felt like none were what I really wanted. As I usually do, I took the idea and made my own unique version. And it rocks. And because I’m awesome I share my recipes.
Serve this Buffalo Chicken Lasagna with celery and carrot sticks, some blue cheese crumbles, blue cheese or ranch dressing, and my Banana Pudding Cupcakes for dessert and you’ll have an awesome meal! It’s ok to splurge like this every once in a while…
Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce
- Hot pepper sauce such as Franks Red Hot or Tabasco (amount based on your own preference)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (I baked chicken tenders in the oven covered with foil at 350 for 25 minutes for this recipe, but a rotisserie chicken would work very well too)
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 8 ounce package of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package of lasagna noodles, cooked according to package directions (do NOT use “no cook” noodles; they must be boiled and fully-cooked before building the lasagna)
1. In a medium pot, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat until butter is melted. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Cut the cream cheese into cubes and add to the pot. Stir well until completely melted then add in the buffalo sauce and a few dashes of hot pepper sauce to taste. Spoon a small amount of the buffalo and cream cheese sauce into the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish and spread it around to cover the bottom of the dish. Stir the chicken into the sauce in the pot.
3. Place one layer of lasagna noodles in the bottom of the dish. Spread half of the chicken mixture over the noodles then drizzle with half of the ranch dressing. Add another layer of noodles and then the remaining chicken and ranch dressing. Place a final layer of lasagna noodles and then spread the cheese over the top.
4. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes (I bake it uncovered) until the cheese is melted. Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing and maybe some carrot and celery sticks.
Makes 12 servings.
Tip: Not everyone likes blue cheese. I hateeeeee it! So I really recommend using ranch in the recipe unless you’re 100% sure that everyone who will be eating this lasagna likes blue cheese. The blue cheese lovers can use blue cheese dressing on their lasagna and top it with blue cheese crumbles.
Also check out my recipe for Buffalo Chicken Pasta and Buffalo Mozzarella Sticks
Special Note: I’m so excited that you’re checking out and sharing this very popular post! I’m just a mom with ideas and a blog. Please visit me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest so you can stay up-to-date with the latest All in All news. I have big plans for the future of this blog with exciting changes coming soon! And while you’re here, snoop around and see what else I’ve written (scroll down for some ideas).
Like this recipe? Then thank me by clicking this banner 🙂