This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #MorningStarFarms #MakeRoomOnYourGrill Vegetarian BBQ Burger Sliders and Homemade Potato Chips
Tasty Meatless Monday with Vegetarian BBQ Burger Sliders and Homemade Potato Chips
What better way to enjoy a Meatless Monday than with delicious Vegetarian BBQ Burger Sliders and Homemade Potato Chips?! These little burger sliders are so easy to make and you will love the combination of the meaty vegetarian burger with melted cheese, tangy sweet BBQ sauce, crunchy fried onions (like the kind you top green bean casserole with), and creamy coleslaw on a sweet Hawaiian style roll.
Homemade potato chips are also pretty easy to make and totally worth the effort. You control the salt, so if you like your chips salty you can add more or if you like them less salty you can add less.
Make room on the grill for America’s #1 Veggie Burger Brand
Yes, I said the grill! The NEW MorningStar Farms® Meat Lovers Burgers are perfect for the grill. I found these delicious burgers in the freezer section at Walmart:
Brand new MorningStar Farms Quarter Pound Veggie Burgers are absolutely delicious and perfectly crafted burgers that will leave you satisfied every time. Each quarter pound burger is perfectly seasoned and packs each bite with non-GMO plant based protein and tasty veggies! Now made with no artificial ingredients, MorningStar Farms® is a perfect, healthier meal solution for any occasion.
For making Vegetarian BBQ Burger Sliders, I use the Meat Lovers Burger variety. It really does have a beef-like texture and taste. I also love that it packs 27 grams of plant based protein! These burgers are for everyone, not just vegetarians.
The MorningStar Farms Burger Bar Truck will be driving around to visit Walmart stores around the country, so click below to see if they are coming to a Walmart near you!
Making Homemade Potato Chips
Have you ever had homemade potato chips? Well, you’re in for a treat! They do take a little time to prepare, but they are so simple and perfect, you’ll be happy you put in the effort.
I do recommend you use a mandoline slicer if possible. This makes the process of slicing the potatoes so easy and you’ll have just the right thin slices for chips. Be very cautious when slicing the potatoes!
See? Perfect slices in a flash!
After slicing the potatoes, soak them in a mixture of salt and ice water for 30 minutes, then lay the potato slices out on towels and pat them dry.
You’ll deep fry your potato slices in hot vegetable oil until golden brown and crispy. Season your chips with salt to taste.
Homemade potato chips are so simple, yet so satisfying! You will love the delicious, salty crunch of these easy to make chips.
2 pounds medium size potatoes, washed but unpeeled
8 cups ice water
1 tablespoon salt, plus additional for seasoning
Vegetable oil for frying
- Slice the potatoes very thin. This is easiest to do with a mandoline, but a vegetable peeler or knife can work as well.
- Place the sliced potatoes in a large bowl and add the ice water plus1 tablespoon salt. Mix well then set aside to soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain the water from the potatoes and lay the potatoes out on clean kitchen towels and pat them dry with another towel.
- In a large pot or a deep fryer, heat vegetable oil (about 2 inches deep if using a regular pot, or to recommended fill line if using a deep fryer) to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Deep fry the potatoes in the hot oil in small batches for 3-5 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels. Salt the chips to taste.
Always use extreme caution when deep frying!
Making Vegetarian BBQ Burger Sliders
Before you head to Walmart to pick up MorningStar Meat Lovers Burgers, be sure to click here and check out great savings on this product from Ibotta!
To make the Vegetarian BBQ Burger Sliders, fire up the grill and flame cook your burgers to hot, juicy perfection!
Top your burgers with a slice of cheddar cheese while still on the grill and allow it to melt. Remove the burgers from the grill and cut each burger into three wedges, like in the picture below (shown without cheese):
Next, place each burger wedge onto the bottom half of a sliced Hawaiian flavor roll (dinner roll or slider burger size), top with a drizzle of BBQ sauce, a sprinkle of crispy fried onions, and a heaping teaspoon full of creamy coleslaw.
All the yums!
Serve your sliders right away with homemade potato chip and you will be the Meatless Monday hero!
Can’t you also imagine these sliders being the BEST for game day snacking?!
Vegetarian BBQ Burger Sliders will be one of the best things to ever come from your grill! Sweet Hawaiian style buns topped with a slice of MorningStar Farms® Meat Lovers Burgers, melted cheddar cheese, tangy sweet BBQ sauce, crispy fried onions, and creamy coleslaw. Meatless Monday never tasted so good!
- 1 package MorningStar Farms® Meat Lovers Burgers, 4 count
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 12 Hawaiian style sweet dinner rolls, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/3 cup crispy fried onions (usually found in the salad topping or canned vegetable isle)
- 1/3 cup creamy coleslaw
- Grill the MorningStar Farms® Meat Lovers Burgers according to package directions. Just before removing the burgers from the grill, top each with a slice of cheddar cheese and close the grill for 1 minute to allow the cheese to melt.
- Cut each burger into three wedges to create a total of 12 wedges. Place each wedge onto the bottom half of each of the Hawaiian flavor rolls.
- Top each burger with BBQ sauce, crispy fried onions, and coleslaw. Serve immediately.
More Meatless Mondays!
After you make Vegetarian BBQ Burger Sliders and Homemade Potato Chips, come back and tell me how you like them! You can also click here to see this post on Pinterest, snap a picture of your food, and share it on the pin so we can see your yummy creations.
Click here now for more great vegetarian burger inspiration!