Isn’t Nutella just the most heavenly food on this planet? I remember tasting it for the first time when I was eleven years old at a sweet little coffee and tea shop. At the time I wasn’t sure how to pronounce the name, but I knew it to be the food of angels.
Chocolate lovers everywhere swoon over this creamy, rich, sweet, nutty chocolate spread. It’s good on everything! (Well, not everything… but I do love to exaggerate!) My favorite way to eat Nutella is in a crepe with strawberries. To.die.for!
This last week I was needing a serious chocolate fix. I had fresh, juicy raspberries as well as some French bread and of course… Nutella! And so was born the most delicious little snack: Raspberry Nutella Heaven Sandwiches.
I am so sorry I didn’t capture more pretty pictures. I was also really struggling to take pictures because it had just rained and the humidity here in Ohio was INSANE! Every three seconds my lens was fogging up. After taking the few shots here in this post, we gobbled up the sandwiches before more pictures could be taken. I didn’t even bother with a garnish of powdered sugar which would have been lovely! Oh well… you get the point. These are delish!
Want to make Raspberry Nutella Heaven Sandwiches yourself? It’s so easy!Print
- 4 slices French bread
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened (enough to butter both sides of the French bread slices)
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 8 large fresh raspberries
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Spread each side of the four French bread slices with softened butter. Fry the bread until golden brown on each side.
- Place the bread on a plate and spread one side of two slices with the Nutella. Top the Nutella with raspberries then add another slice of the pan fried French bread to the top of each sandwich.
- Sprinkle the sandwiches with powdered sugar to garnish.
What is your favorite way to eat Nutella?