Thank you for stopping by to check out this recipe for Cranberry Sauce Meatballs!
Fall = Cooking and Company
A strange thing happens to me every fall… all I want to do is cook, bake, and have parties. I love inviting friends over for a meal or a buffet of appetizers and snacks. It feels like I do this less often than I would like because of my small house and my busy working mom life. But the desire to host and feed people is always in my heart.
Maybe that is why I feel the need to cook up delicious and simple snacks and appetizers in the fall. Isn’t an afternoon of watching football and munching on hearty snacks just the best? Or a bonfire with friends while wearing oversize sweatshirts and eating piping hot bowls of chili while roasting marshmallows. Or a “friendsgiving” feast a week before Thanksgiving just because it sounds fun.
Cranberry Sauce Meatballs
Yes, the fall season makes me want to cook and feed people I love. Of course, I don’t want to spend all of my time in the kitchen; I want to enjoy the company too! That is why a recipe like these Cranberry Sauce Meatballs is a total winner. Toss a few simple ingredients into a CrockPot and a few hours later you have delicious meatballs in a sweet and tangy sauce. Perfect!
I used frozen home style meatballs (I would not recommend Italian seasoned meatballs for this recipe), a jar of chili sauce, and one can of jellied cranberry sauce. You may also add a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar for added sweetness if you prefer.
- 2 pound bag of frozen meatballs (not Italian flavor)
- 12 ounce bottle chili sauce
- 14 ounce can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1–2 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
1. Spoon cranberry sauce into a microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave in 30 second increments until melted. The cranberry sauce does not need to be completely liquefied, but just soft enough to be able to stir.
2. Add the chili sauce and brown sugar to the melted cranberry sauce and mix well.
3. Place the frozen meatballs into a slow cooker and pour the sauce over top.
4. Cook the meatballs on low heat for 4 hours, stirring about halfway through.
Serve hot and refrigerate leftovers.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 240
- Serving Size: 9
- Calories: 288
- Sugar: 23
- Sodium: 568
- Fat: 12
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Unsaturated Fat: 6
- Trans Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 27
- Protein: 17
- Cholesterol: 55
Enjoy some fall season entertaining, relaxing, and making memories with friends and family! I hope this meatball recipe will be a favorite in your home and provide you with an option for an easy and yummy snack.