This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidaysWithFinish
Washing dishes has always been my least favorite household chore. For years I struggled against my tendency to avoid this task and let dishes pile up in the sink. But we finally have a handle on the dishes thanks to these 15 Ways to Make Washing Dishes Easier! I’m sure you’ll find some new hacks here that will help you conquer the dirty dishes and even make it more enjoyable.
Especially now that we’re in the holiday season, doing the dishes can really dampen the cheerful mood as that delicious meal comes to an end. I hope these dish washing hacks can help you have a better handle on this chore so you have the cleanest dishes with the least effort, so you can enjoy your peaceful holiday!
15 Ways to Make Washing Dishes Easier
1. Don’t put dishes in the sink – The best way to avoid a sink full of dishes is to simply not leave them in the sink. As soon as the dishwasher is finished, put the dishes away to leave it open for dirty dishes. When you have a dirty dish immediately put it into the dishwasher.
2. Get dishes clean! No one wants to deal with dishes that aren’t fully clean after washing or have water spots on glasses. Along with your detergent, use Finish® Jet Dry® 3in1 Rinse Aid to solve three problems in one as it helps to rinse, dry, and shine so everything comes out perfectly shiny and clean. Add to your machine to boost your dishwashing cycles. This is especially helpful when tackling all the dishes after holiday baking and cooking!
There is also Finish® dishwasher detergent that comes in gels, tablets, or powders. Pair this with the rinse aid and you’ll be amazed that your dishes are so clean they shine! Nothing makes washing dishes more satisfying than knowing they’ll be totally clean and ready to put away when the dishwasher finishes.
Click here to find Finish® Jet Dry® 3in1 Rinse Aid on Kroger’s easy to use website, or download the Kroger app and shop there like I did. Right now, save $1.00 on Finish® Products when you buy ONE (1) Finish® QUANTUM® 22ct+, Finish® Max-In-1® 28ct+, Finish® Deep Clean 38ct+ Dishwasher Detergent, Finish® Jet-Dry® Rinse Aid 8.45oz, OR Finish® 8.45 oz. or 3ct tab Machine Cleaner.
3. Listen to music – Turn on your favorite music to make washing dishes more relaxing!
4. Listen to books or podcasts – It’s amazing how fast dish washing goes when listening to an audiobook or a podcast.
5. Clean as a family – Make it an expectation that everyone helps with dishes. You might make a rotation so everyone takes a turn with the chore, but it’s also good for each person in the family to learn to wash their own dishes. Any pots, pans, and utensils used to make a family meal, then need to be cleaned by everyone who ate the meal. Many hands sure do make for light work!
6. Do the dishes as you cook – Before you begin cooking, make sure the dishwasher is empty and ready for dirty dishes, then load items as your done using them.
7. Start with the cleanest dishes – A great tip is to start with the cleanest dishes. This helps you get through a lot of the dishes quickly. Skip the rinse on your dirtiest dishes, and just scrape off any excess food, then load straight in the dishwasher.
8. Sort the silverware before washing – Wash forks with forks, spoons with spoons, and so on to make it really easy to put the silverware away once clean.
9. Use the right tools – Be sure to have clean dish towels, a clean washrag, and a good scrubber.
10. Scrub with foil – For tough cleaning jobs, you can wad up some aluminum foil and use it to scrub away stuck-on food.
11. Fill a bowl or sink with water to save water – Have hot, soapy water in a tub or large bowl or in the sink to use to wash the dishes instead of using running water.
12. Pre-soak while washing – Before you start washing the dishes, sort out anything that will need to pre-soak and get that started while you wash the rest of the dishes.
13. Wash your tools in the dish washer – Toss your sponge and scrubber into the dishwasher to get it clean right along with your dishes!
14. Clean wood cutting boards with salt and lemon – Cut a lemon in half and use it to scrub salt all over a wood cutting board, then rinse with water and towel dry.
15. Wash the sink when you’re finished – The reward at the end of the dish washing is an empty sink! Take this to another level by cleaning your sink to leave it sparkling.
The Big Finish®
Don’t forget to pick up Finish® Jet Dry® 3in1 Rinse Aid the next time you’re at Kroger and be ready to get in a new dish washing routine with these 15 Ways to Make Washing Dishes Easier.