Last night I was driving my daughter home from kids clubs at church and saw my husband walking up and down the street. It seemed weird that he would be choosing to take a walk in the dark in freezing cold weather… until I got home and remembered the Samoan Coconut Rolls I had made earlier that were sitting on the counter. My guy loves these things! He was taking a very brisk walk so he could justify eating one. Haha! It’s really a good idea actually.
Samoan Coconut Rolls is how we refer to these amazingly delicious sweet rolls. Their actual name is Pani Popo. They’re just to die for!
I make these delicious sweet treats very rarely because we can polish off a whole pan in no time. But when I make them we really enjoy it!
I start with frozen dinner roll dough. These little balls of dough come in bags in the frozen section of the grocery store and I always keep them on hand.
I let the dough thaw and rise:
Once the dough is risen, I combine one can of coconut milk and some sugar.
The sweetened coconut milk is poured all over the dough balls and they bake in the sweet liquid.
OH MY GOODNESS! If you’ve never had them… seriously… soooo good!
My girl loves them too!
I like her a lot… can you tell? 🙂
12 frozen dinner roll dough balls
1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
1/2 cup sugar
Non-stick cooking spray (or coconut oil)
1. Coat a 9×13 glass baking dish with cooking spray then arrange the frozen dough balls in the dish.
2. Spray a piece of plastic wrap with cooking spray and gently cover the dough balls. Set them aside in a warm place to thaw and rise (see the dough package instructions).
3. Once the dough balls have thawed and risen according to package instructions, in a small bowl mix together the coconut milk and sugar.
4. Pour the coconut milk over the risen rolls, coating them thoroughly.
5. Bake the rolls at 350 for 30 minutes until golden brown.
6. All the rolls to cool before serving.
You. Are. Welcome.
Other Posts You Will Like:
Potty Training My Strong Willed Child
Healthy Breakfast Sandwiches
Strawberry Cheesecake Oreo Cookie Balls