Looking for the perfect keto bagels? Look no further! These low carb homemade bagels will fill the bagel shaped hole in your heart without wheat flour or sugar. Eat them warm with whipped cream cheese and you won’t even miss the high carb version!
- 2 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 ½ cup super fine almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- Optional toppings – sesame seeds, poppy seeds, or “everything” bagel topping
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Pour the shredded mozzarella cheese and the cream cheese into a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds; stir well. Continue to microwave on high in 30 second increments, stirring well between each 30 second increment, until the cheeses are completely melted. Stir until smooth.
- Whisk together the almond flour and baking powder. Add the almond flour mixture and eggs to the melted cheese and stir well. Be sure to stir quickly to incorporate the ingredients into the cheese mixture before the eggs scramble in the warm dough.
- Wash then oil your hands with cooking oil. Mix the dough by hand until it is completely smooth and all ingredients are incorporated very well. The dough will be quite sticky.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Cut the dough into 6 equal portions. With oiled hands to prevent the dough from sticking, roll each portion of dough out into a log, approximately 10 inches long. Form the log into a bagel and place it on the lined cookie sheet. Repeat with the rest of the dough to form a total of 6 bagels.
- Sprinkle your topping of choice over the bagels. Wipe any excess bagel topping off of the cookie sheet to prevent burning.
- Bake the bagels at 400F for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown.
- Slice and serve hot with cream cheese. Store bagels in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days; toast to reheat before serving. Makes 6 servings.
- Category: Keto
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bagel
Keywords: keto, bagels, low carb