Wondering how to make the best homemade chicken fried rice for dinner? Look no further! This recipe will absolutely rival takeout and break up the boring dinner rotation.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (or vegetable oil)
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup carrots, diced
- ½ cup frozen peas (no need to thaw)
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large frying pan or wok over medium heat. Add the sesame oil, onions, and carrots; sauté until the carrots and onions are starting to become tender.
- Add the peas to the pan and stir well.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a fork. Push the vegetable mixture to one side of the pan, then pour the eggs onto the other side of the pan. Use a spatula to scramble the eggs. Once the eggs are fully cooked, stir into the vegetables.
- Add the rice and chicken; mix well.
- Add the soy sauce then stir into the fried rice.
- Add the butter and stir the rice until the butter is melted.
- Season the fried rice with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve the right hot with “yum-yum sauce.”