- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- A dash of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (vanilla or plain)
- 2 tablespoons coconut, oil melted, plus extra for greasing
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
2. In a separate medium mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, milk, and oil.
3. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry and mix together until you have a smooth consistency (the batter will be very thick).
4. Heat a waffle iron to medium and grease well before spreading 1/4 of the batter onto the waffle iron.
5. Close the waffle iron (press completely closed to help the batter spread evenly) and cook for 3-5 minutes. When the steam coming from the sides of the iron lessens, check the waffle to see if it is ready. It should be lightly browned and crispy.
Serve waffles with raw honey or real maple syrup. Makes 4 waffles.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 413
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 910
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 76
- Protein: 8
- Cholesterol: 0