Looking for a great snack for practically any occasion? Mom’s Favorite Cowboy Caviar Recipe is so perfectly crunchy, sweet, and sour, it will be requested by your family often!
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can black eyed peas
- 1 can sweet white corn
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon ground black or white pepper
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the apple cider vinegar, vegetable oil, and sugar. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and then cook until the sugar is dissolved, approximately 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Pour the cans of pinto beans, black eyed peas, and corn into a colander to drain. Wash with cool water to remove all of the canning liquids.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the washed pinto beans, black eyes peas, and corn with the finely chopped celery, green bell pepper, and diced onion. Add the ground pepper and stir well.
- Pour the vinegar marinade over the vegetable mixture and stir well.
- Cover the Cowboy Caviar with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Serve with corn tortilla chips.