A light and crispy makeover fish and chips dinner that is easy to prepare for a great weeknight meal.
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, washed
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Mazola Corn Oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds skinless, boneless firm white fish (such as cod or pollock)
- 2 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Place a large baking sheet in the oven to heat up (this helps prevent the potatoes from sticking to the pan).
- Cut the potatoes into fries, about 1/4 inch thick. Toss the potatoes with 1/4 cup of Mazola Corn Oil and 1 teaspoon salt. Remove the hot baking sheet from the oven and spread the potatoes out onto the pan. Return the pan to the oven and bake the fries at 450 for 30-45 minutes, until browned and crispy (you may wish to turn the fries halfway through the baking time to brown them on two sides).
- While the fries are baking, prepare the fish. Cut the fish into strips, about 1 1/2 inches wide.
- Crush the crispy rice cereal and combine with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Dip each piece of fish into the beaten eggs and then roll in the crushed rice cereal. Place the fish on a greased baking sheet, or on a greased wire baking rack on a baking sheet. Lightly drizzle the top of each piece of fish with Mazola Corn Oil.
- Bake the fish at 450 for 12 minutes until cooked through.
- While the fish is baking, prepare the tartar sauce by combining the Greek yogurt (or light mayonnaise), dijon mustard, and dill pickle relish.
- Serve the fish and chips hot with the tartar sauce on the side.
- Category: dinner, fish, healthy
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fish, fries, chips, healthy, dinner