Chicken legs are a delicious, low-cost meal and made even better when they’re low carb! These Keto Chicken Legs will satisfy your hunger without wrecking your diet.
- 2 pounds fresh chicken legs, skin left on
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoon Cajun blackening seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 3 ounces pork rinds (usually the entire bag)
- 2 large freezer bags
- Large baking sheet
- Cooling rack that will fit on the baking sheet
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place an oven-safe cooling rack on a large baking sheet. Set aside.
- Combine the sour cream, blackening seasoning, onion and garlic powders in one of the freezer bags.
- Add the chicken legs and shake to cover the chicken legs.
- Pour the pork rinds into the other freezer bag and use a rolling pin to crush.
- Transfer the coated chicken legs to the pork rinds freezer bag and shake to cover the chicken legs in the crushed pork rinds.
- Place the coated chicken legs on the rack on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken legs.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the chicken legs reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from the oven and let cool a few minutes. Serve with veggies or a side salad.