Fruit Pizza Cupcakes are a perfect treat for any occasion! A homemade white cupcake topped with fresh whipped cream cheese frosting and piled high with all your favorite fruits and berries–a really refreshing dessert for any season.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup assorted fruits, chopped into small bite-size pieces. Suggested fruits: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, grapes, kiwi, mango, blackberries, oranges, peaches
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the egg whites and mix until well combined. Stir in the sour cream, milk, and vanilla extract, mixing just until the batter is smooth.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir just until combined.
- Line a muffin pan with paper cupcake liners. Scoop the batter into the liners to ¾ full.
- Bake the cupcakes at 400F degrees for 5 minutes. While the cupcakes are still in the oven, reduce the heat to 350F degrees and bake for an additional 9 minutes, or just until the cupcakes have set in the center and no batter sticks to a toothpick when inserted into the cupcake.
- Cool the cupcakes to room temperature on a baking rack.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter for the frosting with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla; mix well.
- Add the heavy cream, one tablespoon at a time, mixing well with an electric mixer until the frosting is creamy and smooth.
- Top the cooled cupcakes with the frosting.
- Arrange the chopped fruit on top of the cupcake as desired. Serve the cupcakes immediately.
Keywords: cupcakes, cake, fruit, fruit salad, cream cheese frosting