French Quarter Dip is a delicious sweet and savory cream cheese spread that will absolutely wow your taste buds. Crunchy pecans in a sweet glaze over a savory whipped cream cheese and served with crackers–this will be your new favorite party appetizer!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon onion, grated
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon brown mustard (brown or spicy brown)
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, grated onion, garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon of the Worcestershire sauce. Scoop onto a sheet of plastic wrap and form into a disk. Wrap tightly with the plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator. Chill for 2 hours or overnight to allow the flavors to meld. After chilling the cream cheese, unwrap it and place on a serving plate.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat, then add the brown sugar, brown mustard, and the remaining 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the sugar is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Add the pecans to the sauce and stir to coat.
- Pour the pecan mixture over the cream cheese disk and serve immediately with crackers.
- Category: Appetizer
Keywords: french quarter dip, pecans, glaze, cream cheese, cheese spread