Looking for a delicious and colorful cookie? Try Cream Cheese Sprinkle Cookies! Perfect for any occasion, these soft sugar cookies encrusted with pretty sprinkles will be an eye-catching sweet treat.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Sprinkles (at least ½ cup) or sanding sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter together with an electric mixer until well blended. Add the sugar, egg, and vanilla extract; beat on medium speed for 1 minute.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Add half of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix well. Add the remaining half of the flour mixture and stir until completely incorporated.
- Cover the dough in the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- While the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Scoop the chilled cookie dough onto the cookie sheet to form 1 ½ inch balls. Roll the balls in sprinkles or sanding sugar, then return to the cookie sheet, placed at least 1 inch apart. Flatten the cookies slightly with your fingers or the flat bottom of a cup.
- Bake the cookies at 350F for 9-10 minutes until set. Cool the cookies for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Serve the cookies slightly warm or at room temperature. Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookies, easter