- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ cup fresh berries of choice – recommended: raspberries, chopped strawberries, blueberries, or blackberries
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix with the electric mixer until well combined.
- Add the berries of your choice to the sweetened butter mixture. Use a fork or potato masher to crush the berries into the butter. Do not crush all of the berries; some can remain whole for added texture in the butter. Use a fork to mix the berries through the butter.
- Spoon the berry butter into the shape of a log in the center of a sheet of waxed paper. The log should be about 8 inches long. Wrap the waxed paper around the butter log and twist the ends to close.
- Refrigerate the berry butter log for at least 3 hours, or overnight until serving.