Looking for the Best Banana Bread Recipe? It’s here for you! This delicious bread is filled with sweet bananas and crunchy walnuts and will make every banana bread lover happy.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 large very ripe bananas, peeled and smashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs. Stir in the smashed bananas and vanilla extract.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients in the large mixing bowl; stir well.
- Add 2/3 cup of the chopped walnuts; stir well.
- Pour the batter into a well greased loaf pan. Sprinkle the top of the batter with the remaining 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Bake the bread at 350F for 55 minutes until a knife inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool the bread for 10 minutes, then slice and serve.