Make Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal for a perfect hot breakfast. Simple ingredients like oats, bananas, brown sugar, milk, and nuts, this is a really filling meal to start your day off well.
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups over ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups old fashioned rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Add the mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla extract; stir well.
- Stir in the oats, milk, and ¾ cup of the chopped walnuts.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture into a 2-quart glass baking dish that has been greased with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle the top of the oatmeal with the reserved ¼ cup of walnuts, then cover the dish with foil.
- Bake the oatmeal at 350F for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake the oatmeal for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve warm. Store leftover oatmeal in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 35