- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 a small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 15-ounce cans IGA sloppy joe sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- Hamburger buns
- Crumble the ground beef into a skillet over medium heat and cook along with the chopped onion until the meat is browned. Drain off any excess fat, then transfer the meat and onions into a slow cooker.
- Stir the sloppy joe sauce and brown sugar into the meat. Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours or low for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve the sloppy joe meat on hamburger buns.