This is absolutely The Best Banana Pudding Recipe I’ve ever made. Creamy vanilla pudding, sweet bananas, and Nilla Wafers matched with a delicious layer of no-bake cheesecake–everyone will be asking you for the recipe!
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding
- 4 cups cold milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8-ounce tub whipped topping, thawed
- 11-ounce box vanilla wafer cookies
- 4 large bananas
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the instant vanilla pudding and milk. Cover and refrigerate until thickened.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese together with the powdered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Reserve ¾ cup of the whipped topping and set aside. Beat the remaining whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Line a 3-quart 9×13 inch glass dish with a single layer of the vanilla wafer cookies. Pour the prepared vanilla pudding over the cookies and gently spread out evenly with a spatula.
- Peel the bananas and slice into ½ inch thick rounds. Add the bananas to the dish over the vanilla layer.
- Dollop the “cheesecake” mixture over top of the bananas and use a spatula to very gently spread until the dollops meet and the cheesecake layer is evenly spread over all of the bananas.
- Top the cheesecake layer with an even layer of the vanilla wafer cookies.
- Scoop the reserved whipped topping into a small zip top bag and cut off the corner to create a piping bag. Decorate the top of the dessert with the whipped topping.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate before serving to allow the cookies to soften.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: no-bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana pudding