Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo is one of my most favorite quick and easy dinners. Creamy homemade Alfredo sauce with tender slow-cooked chicken and rigatoni, all made in the Crockpot for a super delicious and easy meal.
- 2 to 2 ½ pounds boneless, skinless raw chicken breast tenders (or thin-sliced chicken breasts)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth or stock (low sodium recommended)
- ¼ cup butter, sliced (unsalted recommended)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white or black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-pound uncooked rigatoni pasta
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Optional: chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Place the chicken breast in a large slow cooker. Pour the heavy cream and chicken broth over the chicken breast. Add the sliced butter, cubed cream cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5 hours until the chicken is cooked through and fork tender.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and place on a large plate. Whisk the sauce in the slow cooker until smooth. Shred the chicken with forks, then add back to the slow cooker.
- Add the uncooked rigatoni and the Parmesan cheese. Re-cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook on high for 30 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- Serve hot with fresh parsley for garnish if desired.
Keywords: rigatoni, alfredo, chicken alfredo, parmesan, cheese sauce, slow cooker recipe, crockpot recipe