Rich and Fudgy Brownies are the decadent, gooey, chocolate-filled treat you’ve been craving! So easy to whip up and totally craveable.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the sugar and stir well. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, just until the mixture begins to simmer (do not allow the mixture to come to a full simmer). Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together the eggs, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add the butter and sugar mixture and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture.
- Reserve ½ cup of the chocolate chips or chunks. Stir the rest of the chocolate chips or chunks into the brownie batter.
- Spread the batter into a greased 9×13 inch glass baking dish. Sprinkle the reserved ½ cup of chocolate chips or chunks over the top of the batter.
- Bake the brownies at 350F for 30-40 minutes, until the edges are set. When the brownies are ready, a toothpick inserted into the center will come out mostly clean and not coated with raw brownie batter.
- Cool the brownies in the pan for 10 minutes, then cut and serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brownies, chocolate