- 35 chocolate sandwich cookies with cream filling, crushed to fine crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 16 ounces (2 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups SKIPPY® Natural Creamy Peanut Butter Spread
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon crushed chocolate sandwich cookies, optional
- Hot fudge sauce, optional
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and butter. Pour the cookie mixture into the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan and press to cover the bottom of the pan and slightly up the sides.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the peanut butter spread, sugar, butter, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- In another medium bowl, beat 2 cups of heavy whipping cream until thickened. Fold half of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until combined. Fold in the second half of the whipped cream and stir gently until smooth.
- Scoop the peanut butter pie filling into the springform pan over the chocolate cookie crust and spread evenly with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon.
- In a medium bowl, beat 1 cup of whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract for the topping until thickened. Spoon the whipped cream over the top of the peanut butter pie, or use a piping bag with a decorative tip. If desired, sprinkle the top of the whipped cream with crushed chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Refrigerate or freeze for at least 3 hours before serving until the pie is firm and easy to slice. Run a butter knife around the edges of the springform pan then open the pan and remove the side. Slice the pie and serve drizzled with hot fudge sauce.
If using a pie plate: Reduce the chocolate sandwich cookies down to 24 and use 4 tablespoons of butter to make the crust. Reduce the rest of the peanut butter pie filling ingredients by half. This will be the right measurements for a 9-inch pie plate.
Tip: The pie is really delicious when soft, but impossible to slice a nice piece. Be sure to not skip the refrigeration step. I like to freeze my pie to be sure it sets well and is easy to slice. Once the pieces are cut, the pie softens quickly at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter, pie, cheesecake