Make Raspberry White Chocolate Scones at home like you would enjoy at your favorite cafe of coffee shop. Filled with fresh raspberries and sweet white chocolate, these soft scones are sure to delight!
- ½ cup (1 stick) cold butter
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream, plus 1-2 tablespoons additional for brushing on the scones
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1–2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Grate the cold butter with a cheese grater using the coarse side of the grater for larger shreds of butter. Place the grated butter in the freezer to chill while you move on to the next step.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the chilled, grated butter to the flour mixture and lightly blend into the flour with a fork. Do not over mix! You want many lumps of butter and you do not want the butter fully incorporated into the flour mixture.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract, and 2/3 cup of heavy cream. Add the wet mixture to the flour and butter mixture; stir just until combined, but do not over mix.
- Add the fresh raspberries and white chocolate chips and fold into the dough with a spatula. Many of the berries will break down as you fold, but do not over mix until all of the berries break down.
- Turn the dough out onto a sheet of plastic wrap and form into a disk. Wrap the dough in the plastic wrap and place in the freezer to chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- After the dough has chilled, remove it from the freezer and place on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Gently press the dough into a circle, 1-inch in thickness.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the dough circle into 8 wedges. Using a narrow spatula, move the dough triangles slightly out from the circle to give at least ½ inch of space between each scone. (This can be tricky because the dough is very soft. After moving the dough triangles, simply reshape the scones with your fingers if needed.)
- Brush the top of each scone with heavy cream using a pastry brush. Sprinkle each scone with turbinado sugar.
- Bake the scones at 425F for 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve the scones warm with sweetened whipped cream, butter, or raspberry jam and clotted cream.