Looking for a delicious, simple, and cheap dinner idea? Kielbasa and Potato Skillet is the cheap and delicious meal your family will love! Flavorful kielbasa with pan fried potatoes and bell peppers topped with melted cheese and a dollop of sour cream is perfect for stretching your budget without skimping on taste.
- 1 pounds Kielbasa
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 pounds potatoes
- Sour cream (optional)
1. Heat oil and butter heat in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Wash, peel, and chop potatoes into 3/4-inch cubes.
3. Peel the onion then cut it in half and slice into thin strips.
4. Remove the stem and seeds from the bell pepper then cut the pepper into thin strips.
5. Add the potatoes, onions, and bell peppers to the skillet, cover and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
6. Remove the lid from the skillet and continue to cook until the potatoes begin to reach golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Note: I like my potatoes extra crispy, so I cooked them an additional 20 minutes.
7. Remove the potatoes, onions, and bell peppers from the skillet and set aside. Slice the kielbasa into 1/2-3/4 inch thick rounds. Place the kielbasa slices into the skillet in an even layer and cook uncovered over medium heat, flipping once, until both sides are golden brown.
8. Add the potato mixture back to the skillet and gently stir. Cook uncovered for an additional 5 minutes.
Serve immediately with sour cream.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 802
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 1091
- Fat: 49
- Saturated Fat: 19
- Unsaturated Fat: 25
- Trans Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 70
- Protein: 23
- Cholesterol: 112