Homemade Cranberry Sauce Meatballs are a delicious appetizer for the holiday season that can even be turned into a meal with slider rolls. Flavorful homemade meatballs baked in a sweet and tangy sauce made with jellied cranberry sauce and chili sauce, this will be your new favorite snack!
1 pound extra lean ground beef
1 pound mild country sausage
1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup finely diced onion
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Cranberry BBQ Sauce:
14 ounce can jellied cranberry sauce
12 ounce bottle chili sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for the meatballs. Shape the meat mixture into 1 ½ inch balls and place on a large baking sheet greased with non-stick cooking spray. Bake the meatballs for 15-20 minutes at 350F until browned and cooked through.
- While the meatballs are baking, prepare the cranberry BBQ sauce. In a medium sauce pan, combine the ingredients for the sauce, then cook over medium heat until the sauce begins to simmer. Cover with a lid and simmer on low for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- When the meatballs are finished baking, remove them from the baking sheet and arrange into a 9×13 inch glass baking dish. Spoon the BBQ sauce over the meatballs.
- Bake the meatballs at 350F for 10-15 minutes.