Funeral Potatoes is just a weird name for Cheesy Potato Casserole Topped with Corn Flakes. This is the delicious potato casserole you’ll want to make for every potluck, holiday dinner, or as a special side dish for a weeknight meal.
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 24 ounces frozen diced hash browns (cubes, not shreds), thawed
- 3 cups corn flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Melt 1/2 cup of the butter in a small microwave safe bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, salt, and onion powder. Mix in the shredded cheddar cheese and thawed diced hash browns.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13 inch glass baking dish.
- Melt the remaining 1/2 cup of the butter in a small microwave safe bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the melted butter and crushed corn flakes. Stir until the corn flakes are coated in the butter. Spoon the corn flake mixture over the casserole.
- Bake the casserole uncovered for 45 minutes until it is bubbly and golden brown around the edges.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Makes 16 servings.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: funeral potatoes, potato casserole, cheesy potato casserole