- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 4 chicken bullion cubes
- 4 ounce jar chopped pimentos
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 7 cups of water, divided
- 4 pounds chicken (bone-in and skin on chicken thighs and legs recommended)
- 2–3 tablespoons yellow sazón with saffron seasoning
- 32 ounces RiceSelect Arborio rice
- 36 ounces beer
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and green bell peppers and sauté until the onions are translucent. Add the minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato sauce, chicken bullion, chopped pimentos, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Sauté together for 1 minute.
- Add 4 cups of the water; stir well. Add the chicken and 2-3 tablespoons of yellow sazón with saffron seasoning. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat and allow to simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully pour the contents of the cooking pot into a large roaster pan with a lid.
- Add the RiceSelect Arborio rice, 36 ounces of beer, and the remaining 3 cups of water; stir well.
- Place the lid on the roasting pan. Bake at 350° F for 40 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Remove the lid and allow the arroz con pollo to cool slightly for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cuisine: Cuban