Crockpot Ohio Shredded Chicken Sandwiches are the delicious sandwich we used to order at the baseball field snack shack. Hot, creamy, shredded chicken piled on a soft hamburger bun… the perfect easy meal for your family or to feed a crowd!
- 50 ounce can Sweet Sue boned chicken (or other brand or canned chicken), drained
- 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 6 ounce box Stove Top Stuffing, chicken flavor
- 10.5 ounce can chicken broth
- 8 ounce package cream cheese
- Hamburger buns
- In a large slow cooker, combine the chicken, cream of chicken soup, dry stuffing mix, and the chicken broth; mix well.
- Set the slow cooker to low and cook for 2 hours, stirring at least once after the first hour.
- After 2-3 hours of cooking, the shredded chicken mixture should be hot (if it is not, continue to slow cook until it is hot before moving on to the next step). Cut the cream cheese into cubes and stir into the shredded chicken. 15 minutes later, stir the chicken again until the cream cheese is completely melted in.
- Serve the shredded chicken hot on hamburger buns.
- Category: Sandwiches
- Method: Slow cooked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sandwich, Ohio chicken sandwich, shredded chicken sandwich, tailgate chicken sandwich