This Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe is sure to be your favorite for birthday’s, picnic’s, potlucks, and all sorts of other occasions. The addition of cream cheese into a classic pound cake recipe means an even more rich and flavorful version of the buttery cake we all love. Serve with fresh berries and whipped cream to create the most delicious “comfort food” dessert ever.
- 1 1/2 cups butter (3 sticks), softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Fresh squeezed juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar, sliced fresh strawberries, and whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon juice together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix on low speed with an electric mixer until combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 10-inch fluted bundt pan. Bake at 325° for 75-90 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then turn the cake out onto a platter and continue to cool to room temperature. Garnish with a light dusting of powdered sugar if desired.
- Serve with fresh berries and whipped cream.
- Category: Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 slice
Keywords: Pound cake, cake