Looking for a fresh take on breakfast? Chia Pudding with Granola and Berries is the answer! Creamy homemade chia seed pudding made with all-natural ingredients like coconut milk and agave, then topped with homemade granola and fresh berries for a filling, nutritious, and delicious meal in a bowl.
- 2 cups coconut milk (canned coconut milk, not coconut milk for drinking)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup black chia seeds
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower seeds (no shell), roasted
- 1 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered or sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-natural maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, agave, vanilla, and salt until smooth.
- Add the chia seeds and mix well.
- Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap. Refrigerate the pudding for 2 hours, stirring once about halfway through the refrigeration time.
- Stir the pudding well, then scoop into bowls and top with granola, fresh fruit and berries.
- Preheat the oven to 300F degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, sunflower seeds, ground flaxseed, almonds, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, brown sugar, oil, agave, and vanilla. Pour the wet mixture over the oat mixture; stir well.
- Scoop the granola onto a large greased cookie sheet and gently spread out into a thin layer (do not press down).
- Bake the granola at 300F for 18 minutes until golden brown, but not too dark around the edges.
- Allow the granola to cool on the baking sheet until room temperature. Break the granola into bite-sized pieces.
- Store the granola at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
To create a Chia Pudding with Granola and Berries:
- Scoop 1/4 of the chia pudding into a bowl
- Top the pudding with the homemade granola
- Add fresh fruit and berries of your choice: raspberries, sliced strawberries, blackberries, sliced bananas, blueberries, etc.
- Add any additional toppings you like: a drizzle of agave or real maple syrup, homemade vegan coconut whipped cream, ground cinnamon or nutmeg, coconut flakes, toasted nuts, etc.
- Category: vegan, vegetarian, organic, gluten free
Keywords: chia pudding, coconut milk pudding