This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EverydayEffortless #CollectiveBias
Dinner is served! I’m cooking up a delicious (and easy!) Southwest Skillet with creamy Cilantro and Avocado Cream. It’s sure to be a dinner favorite.
Pst! Don’t tell the kids, but this meal is full of protein and vegetables! Plus you’ll love that it’s like, crazy easy to make.
I whipped up this exact food that you’re currently drooling over tonight for dinner and laid on my parents porch to take its lovely portraits. Because that’s what I do. Make yummy food, lay on ground to take pictures as the neighbors ponder my sanity from a distance, eat yummy food, tell you about it… sleep then repeat.
Well actually, I do a lot more than just cook and take pictures. I’m a busy working mom like a lot of you reading (and dads, and retired people, and students… love you all!) and I almost never have the time to make a fancy shmancy dinner for my family.
That’s why I love this recipe! I’m using the oh-so-wonderful Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Filets and Birds Eye Protein Blends (Southwest flavor) to make a satisfying meal in 25 minutes or less.
You’ll easily find Birds Eye Protein Blends and Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken in the freezer section at Walmart:
Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Breast Fillets are fully cooked, 98% fat free, and contain no preservatives. The combination of this chicken and the Birds Eye vegetables makes for an incredibly easy high protein dinner.
HINT: I like to cook on the stove, but this meal can also be made in your microwave. Just modify my recipe (towards the end of this post) by cooking the vegetables and chicken separately and according to their package directions. Once both are hot, combine them in a casserole dish then top with the cheese and cilantro avocado cream. Easy! Plus you can keep from heating up your kitchen in the hot summer months.
Before the cilantro and avocado cream…
After the cilantro and avocado cream…
Southwest Skillet with Cilantro and Avocado Cream
- 3 Tyson Grilled and Ready chicken breast filets (frozen)
- 2 bags Birds Eye Protein Blends, southwest style
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup avocado, mashed
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Place 3 Tyson Grilled and Ready frozen chicken breasts into a large skillet. Pour 2 bags of Birds Eye Protein Blends southwest style vegetables over the chicken. Cover and cook on medium-high heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the chicken and vegetables are hot.
- Remove the chicken breasts and slice into strips. Return to the skillet and mix into the vegetables.
- Top the chicken and vegetables with shredded cheese. Cover the skillet until the cheese has melted, then remove the skillet from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, Mix together the avocado, sour cream, half and half, and cilantro until smooth. Salt to taste. Spoon the cilantro and avocado cream over the chicken and vegetables in the skillet.
Makes 4 servings. Serve with crispy tortilla strips.
Tell me, will you try this recipe and these products in your house?