This post was sponsored by No Yolks as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own. | Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon With Noodles
Everything Old is New Again
Last year I was listening to an author describe the most delicious meal she had ever made. Her beautiful description was so rich and tantalizing that I immediately added the ingredients she suggested to my shopping list. The recipe, it turns out, was the classic beef bourguignon.
It feels like old classic recipes, like beef bourguignon, are trending now, especially with younger cooks. We value a hearty home cooked meal filled with soul. This is why I adore this Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon With Noodles. It’s easy enough that anyone can make it while also impressing friends and family with depth of flavor and warm aroma that will fill your home.
The Best Noodles
When selecting a noodle for your Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon With Noodles, reach for the very best. I recommend No Yolks Noodles. No Yolks comes in a variety of cuts, including Broad, Extra Broad, Fine, Kluski, Dumplings, and now Stir-Fry. For beef bourguignon, I go with the Broad cut.
No Yolks are incredibly versatile and great to keep on hand for any recipe. They’re not just for casseroles! No Yolks is a healthy egg noodle alternative because they’re made from egg whites, have no cholesterol, and are low in fat and sodium.
Try something new with No Yolks Noodles!
- Add No Yolks to a stir-fry recipe.
- Homemade soups, even miso and French onion!
- Cook No Yolks Noodles according to package instructions, drain and dry the noodles, then deep fry them just until crispy. Perfect for dipping in homemade dips like Spinach Artichoke or Buffalo Chicken!
- More ideas here!
Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon With Noodles
My first attempt at beef bourguignon was tough… literally! I used a traditional recipe and cooked over my stove top. It took wayyyy longer than expected to get the meat to be tender enough to serve. Even then, it was still a bit more tough than I would have liked.
Enter, the slow cooker! This method of cooking is another case of old things being new again. We’re all falling in love with slow cookers and pressure cookers as if they were new creations. That is because… easy and foolproof! Your friends and family will drool over this rich, hearty, satisfying meal.Print
- 3 pounds beef stew meat (I buy a beef rump roast and cut it into 1-inch chunks)
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 pound whole mushrooms, cleaned and sliced thick
- 2 cups pearl onions, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package No Yolks Broad Noodles, cooked according to package directions right before serving
1. In a large bowl, mix together the beef, wine, olive oil, minced onion, bay leaf, black pepper, salt, and thyme. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight.
2. In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings. Add the mushrooms and pearl onions to the bacon drippings in the skillet and cook over medium heat until tender. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute then stir in the cooked bacon.
3. Remove the meat from the marinade, reserving the marinade. In a medium bowl, toss the meat with the flour to coat.
4. Pour the meat into a slow cooker, then top with the bacon and mushroom mixture. Pour in the reserved marinade.
5. Cook for 8-10 hours on low until the meat is fork tender.
Serve over No Yolks Broad Noodles.
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 386
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 576
- Fat: 15
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Unsaturated Fat: 9
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 12
- Protein: 44
- Cholesterol: 126
Ready for more recipe inspiration? Click here now to see all the Not Your Mama’s Noodle Recipes!