Good grief, do you people ever love Buffalo Chicken Lasagna! (And check out Buffalo Mozzarella Sticks) I thought by now the craze would have died down. Yet there are STILL thousands of people checking in to All in All daily to read about the lasagna. W O W is all I can say! To be very honest… I’ve only made the lasagna three times… ever. I’m actually more of a fan of angel hair pasta with a very similar sauce.
So here you go, you Buffalo chicken freaks… Buffalo Chicken Pasta.
Proceed with caution.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce
- Hot pepper sauce such as Franks Red Hot or Tabasco (amount based on your own preference)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (I use a rotisserie chicken)
- 8 ounces of angel hair pasta (or the pasta of your choice)
1. In a medium pot, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat until butter is melted. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Cut the cream cheese into cubes and add to the pot. Stir well until completely melted then add in the buffalo sauce and a few dashes of hot pepper sauce to taste. Stir in the chicken.
3. Cook the pasta until al dente then drain off the water. Add the pasta to the buffalo chicken sauce and stir to coat the pasta.
Garnish with blue cheese and a drizzle of ranch or blue cheese dressing if desired.
Serves 4 (portion control, people!)