Browned butter and cream cheese add a wonderful depth of flavor to a simple recipe. Using chocolate chunks instead of chips ensures that each bite is filled with chocolately goodness.
Really, you’re going to love these…Print
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chunks
1. Melt the butter in a small sauce pan. Allow the butter to cook over medium heat for several minutes until it turns a light golden brown.
2. Pour the browned butter into a small bowl and refrigerate until set.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt then set aside.
4. With an electric mixer, cream the browned butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add the sugars and mix on medium-high speed for one minute. Add the vanilla and egg and mix until smooth.
5. Mix in half of the dry mixture on low speed until incorporated. Add the remaining flour and mix just until combined.
6. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
7. Press the cookie dough into a 9×13 inch greased baking dish.
8. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
Store in an air-tight container. Serve warmed. Makes 12 servings.