This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. As always, all opinions are mine alone. #McCafeMyWay #CollectiveBias
Wow, what a day! My daughter and I drove all over creation picking up last minute Christmas gifts. Let me tell you, it is crazyyyyyyy out there! It seems like plenty of other people have put off Christmas shopping until the last minute like I did. After such a busy day I was excited to find a little surprise waiting for me when I got home: two bags of McCafé coffee to try. Awesome! Totally what I needed right now.
Doesn’t that look delicious? I took this picture to show you and then just sat still and silent for a few minutes, drinking my coffee and enjoying a much needed mommy “time out.” I also must admit… a big dollop of Cool Whip may have ended up in my mug at a certain point… it’s like a coffee dessert. I mean, yummmm.
Oh, and Double Dark Chocolate Biscotti. Did I not mention that?! I’m new to biscotti. For some reason it never interested me before. Then last year I had homemade biscotti on two different occasions and now I’m hooked! Wonderful Christmas treat and a great gift. Homemade biscotti is perfect to ship to friends and family who you won’t be able to see this holiday season.
This biscotti is so decadent and just perfect when dipped in a smooth and rich cup of McCafé coffee.
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.
2. In a medium size bowl, stir together the four, dark cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix gently until combined. Add the second half of the dry ingredients and the chocolate chips and mix well.
4. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or spray with cooking spray) and pour the biscotti dough onto the center. Use your hands to form the dough into a 12×4 inch log.
5. Bake the biscotti at 350 for 30 minutes.
6. Cool the biscotti for 5 minutes then cut into thin cookies (if they’re too thick they’re difficult to eat).
7. Place the biscotti cut side down on the cookie sheet at bake for 8 minutes. Flip each biscotti and bake for a final 5 minutes.
8. Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an air tight container.
Be sure to head to Walmart to pick up the NEW McCafé coffee and coffee pods. There are 8 flavors of this quality coffee available. I used my Keurig and a reusable coffee pod to brew the ground McCafé coffee. It was perfect! You should also know that select Walmart’s will be holding McCafé demo’s this weekend (12/18-12/21/14), so be sure to watch for that.
Are you needing some last minute holiday inspiration? Check out the Cooking Up Good website to find recipes, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, coupons and more!
More Posts You Will Enjoy:
29 Non-Candy Stocking Stuffers for Little Girls
Cinnamon Honey Butter with English Toasting Bread
Milk Paint Toast Fun
Please Click Here to Vote for Me: