This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CarnationSweepstakes #BetterBreakfast #CollectiveBias
Start your morning off right with this Quick and Light Strawberry Cheesecake Breakfast Shake! I have to admit, I have a VERY hard time drinking protein shakes. I love the idea of a shake to help fulfill at least my baseline nutritional needs or to give me a boost of protein and nutrients, but I struggle to get past the taste! That is why I created this much easier to enjoy breakfast shake. It is rich and creamy while also being low in fat, calories, and sugar. Plus, it’s pretty! My four year old daughter really loved this shake when I let her taste it yesterday. Pink shake + whipped cream = mommy win!
The secret weapon? Carnation Breakfast Essentials®! I found it in the breakfast isle at Kroger:
I love these ready to drink Carnation Breakfast Essentials®:
You know how I feel about mornings… it’s not pretty! I do find that a nutritious breakfast is absolutely essential to my day. We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but how do we make this a priority in our families lives?
One of my favorite ways to prioritize the first meal of the day is by having weekend family breakfast together. I very often take my daughter out to eat at one of our favorite breakfast spots on Fridays. This is a really fun mommy-daughter bonding activity for us! On Saturdays we sometimes cook a big breakfast together or go out to eat as a family. Sundays we enjoy breakfast in the car on the way to church. We use breakfast as a time to be together and start our day off with good food.
On the weekdays it is usually my husband who makes breakfast for our daughter at home before they leave for school and work. I’m out the door quite a while before they are up, and being the non-morning person that I am, a shake like this Quick and Light Strawberry Cheesecake Breakfast Shake is a lifesaver!
Quick and Light Strawberry Cheesecake Breakfast Shake
1 packet strawberry flavor Carnation Breakfast Essentials®
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese
4 ice cubes
Fat free whipped cream, optional
1/2 teaspoon crushed graham crackers for garnish
1. Pour the unsweetened vanilla almond milk and strawberry Carnation Breakfast Essentials® into a blender and pulse until combined.
2. Add the cream cheese and ice cubes and blend for about 1 minute until smooth.
3. Pour the shake into a cup and top with 1 serving fat free whipped cream and a sprinkle of crushed graham crackers for garnish.
Makes 1 serving.
Carnation Breakfast Essentials® makes a nutritious breakfast possible, even on the most hectic mornings. Have you heard about their 7-day Breakfast Challenge? In addition to making a great commitment to have breakfast each day, you can win prizes! Here is how you can take the challenge and enter for a chance to win:
1. Sign up at CarnationBreakfastChallenge.com.
2. Complete a simple, yet fun breakfast mission for a chance to win. New prizes revealed every day!
3. Come back any day in February to complete missions and see new prizes. The prizes range from a Fitbit to a GoPro and other awesome stuff!
4. Head to your favorite store to purchase a Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Nutritional Product and upload your receipt for five extra entries per day.
Let’s do this!
What is your favorite Carnation Breakfast Essentials® flavor?
Have a good morning!