This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TimelessPizza #CollectiveBias
I have to say, I am really enjoying this summer more than usual! I’m usually one who prefers fall to the other seasons, but I think having a preschool age child now means that summer is full of fun possibilities. What things do you like to do during summer? I’m soaking up the warm weather, enjoying the sunshine and am ready for swimming, amusement parks, beaches, community festivals and fairs, picnics, and basically any other activity that gets me and my family outside!
One project we’ve been working on at my housing recently is cleaning out and redecorating our small back yard and enclosed porch. I know I’ve talked about this in other recent posts and I have some truly icky “before” pictures to share with you, but not until I have some “after” pictures to show as well! Once this project is finished I plan to be serving more meals outside. Eating outside, especially with children, can be so fun and relaxing; it’s a super easy way to make any meal a little extra special!
This week my girl and I picked an especially beautiful evening to enjoy a delicious and simple meal of pizza and corn on the cob. Yum! Sometimes when I make pizza I just don’t know what to serve with it. The Garlic Parmesan Corn on the Cob I made was perfect because it uses flavors you’ll also taste in pizza. For the pizza I baked a Red Baron Brick Oven Cheese pizza. I stocked my freezer with Cheese Trio and Special Deluxe Red Baron pizzas from Walmart to have on hand for easy weeknight meals.
Ready for a simple and fun dinner experience with your family? Come together over the timeless pizza! The Red Baron classic crust is crispy and airy with flaky layers that are irresistibly unique and the reason this pizza has been around for 40 years.
Summer is made for corn on the cob! These days there are so many wonderful variations of this American classic dish. I think you’ll love this Garlic Parmesan Corn on the Cob! The sweet, crunch corn with the rich, salty flavors of butter and Parmesan cheese, and a nice hint of garlic and parsley makes for a totally crave-able side dish for pizza, pasta, grilled chicken, burgers, and more.
GARLIC PARMESAN CORN ON THE COB
- 6 ears sweet corn on the cob, husked
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic, and parsley.
- Lay each ear of corn on its own sheet of foil. Spread about a tablespoon of the butter mixture all over the corn, then wrap the foil around the corn tightly twisting the ends of the foil to seal the corn packet shut to prevent the butter from spilling out into the oven while the corn roasts.
- Roast the corn in the oven at 400 for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool the corn for 3-5 minutes then sprinkle with parmesan cheese before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
What are your favorite pizza toppings?