This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ColorYourSummer #CollectiveBias
Summer fun days are here and I am excited to share two sweet recipes with you designed to cool you down on a hot day: Grilled Pineapple Ice Cream Cake and Peach Iced Tea.
While shopping at Kroger for the ingredients for these recipes, I picked up several Rubbermaid food storage items in the new Calypso Coral and Blue Lagoon colors:
I love the Rubbermaid Party Platter! It’s lightweight with 5 compartments perfect for filling with all sorts of treats. I’ll use mine for parties, picnics, and also to create a healthy fruit and veggie tray to keep in my fridge for easy access to good snacks.
I also picked up a Rubbermaid Pitcher in the new Calypso Coral color. Love! I’ve been needing a pitcher for a while, and this one is so perfect.
These great Rubbermaid products are also available at any Kroger banner store location. Visit ColorYourSummer.com, a perfect place to find more great Rubbermaid content! Also, click here now to find money saving coupons for Rubbermaid products.
PEACH ICED TEA
- 8 cups water
- 8 tea bags (regular black tea is best)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 12 ounce can peach nectar
- 16 ounces frozen sliced peaches
- In a large pot, bring the water to a boil. Remove from heat and add the tea bags. Steep the tea for 5 minutes then remove the tea bags.
- Carefully pour the tea into a Rubbermaid Pitcher. Add the sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves then stir in the peach nectar.
- Refrigerate the tea until cold, about 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Add frozen peaches to the iced tea. Serve the tea over ice.
Makes 6 servings.
I love this peach tea! It reminds me of the homemade peach iced tea my mom always made on special occasions when I was growing up. It’s sweet and peachy with the perfect rich tea flavor.
Try filling a Rubbermaid Refill Reuse 20oz Bottle with this peach tea and ice for cool refreshment wherever you are this summer.
Puppy photo bomb:
Grilled pineapple is just so wonderful. It’s one of my favorite things to grill during the warmer months. This Grilled Pineapple Ice Cream Cake combines some of my favorite foods into one yummy dessert!
GRILLED PINEAPPLE ICE CREAM CAKE
- 1 pound cake loaf
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups grilled fresh pineapple chunks (slice fresh pineapple into rounds, grill on each side for about 2 minutes, then cut into bite sized chunks)
- 2/3 cup fancy shred coconut, divided
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Slice the pound cake horizontally into three layers.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ice cream and 1/3 cup coconut. Spread half of the ice cream mixture onto the first layer of pound cake then top with half of the grilled pineapple. Top with another slice of pound cake then repeat the process. Freeze the cake for 20 minutes.
- Spread 1/3 cup coconut on a small baking pan and bake at 325 for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whip the heavy cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Stir in the vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Remove the cake from the freezer and ice with the whipped cream. Work quickly so the ice cream doesn’t melt.
- Sprinkle the cake with the toasted coconut.
- Store the cake in the freezer until you’re ready to serve.
Makes 8 servings.
Are you ready for summer? Get to your local Kroger and stock up on Rubbermaid food storage products to be prepared for all of the summer fun events!