This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #RecipesThatCrock #SeasonalSolutions #CollectiveBias | Easy Slow Cooker Breakfast Tacos Recipe
Breakfast, My Love
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. For me, it’s the most favorite meal of the day. I am a breakfast lover. I’m one who adores a stack of pancakes or homemade crepes oozing with chocolate and fresh strawberries. I swoon for Eggs Benedict or warm, gooey cinnamon rolls.
Oh, yes… I love breakfast! I also love when it’s made for me. That is one reason I’m a fan of this Easy Slow Cooker Breakfast Tacos Recipe. Take a few minutes before bed to put a few ingredients into your slow cooker, then wake up to breakfast. It does feel like someone made breakfast for you while you were sleeping!
Before I go too far into the Easy Slow Cooker Breakfast Tacos Recipe, I need to tell you about the star ingredients: RO*TEL® Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles and Brooks® Chili Beans.
After making my shopping list, I headed straight to Meijer knowing they would have everything I needed for my Easy Slow Cooker Breakfast Tacos Recipe. RO*TEL and Brooks beans were easy to find in the canned foods aisles:
Brooks Chili Beans are available in Mild and Hot. I used the mild flavor for the breakfast tacos.
Brooks Chili Beans are specially grown to have the perfect taste and texture for chili, but are also wonderful in other recipes. As a hometown favorite since 1907, Brooks has been an important part of the most classic Midwest traditional recipes.
Click here now to see other “Recipes that Crock!” For recipe inspiration, Meijer has us covered!
Easy Slow Cooker Breakfast Tacos Recipe
This breakfast taco recipe includes all the best things: potatoes, eggs, cheese, sausage, RO*TEL, and seasonings. In the morning, just add warmed tortillas, Brooks Chili Beans, shredded cheese, and sour cream for a crowd pleasing start to the day.
These breakfast tacos may just be your new weekend favorite! I could also see them as a casual holiday breakfast or a perfect solution for when you need to feed a hungry small crowd.
- 2 pounds breakfast sausage
- 1 package (approx. 30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 18 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 can RO*TEL Canned Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can Brooks Chili Beans
- 1. Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the frozen hash browns into the slow cooker then top with the diced onion.
- 2. Break the eggs into a large mixing bowl. Add milk then beat until well incorporated. Stir in the RO*TEL, 1 cup of the cheese, dry mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour the mixture over the hash browns in the slow cooker.
- 3. Brown the sausage in a skillet, breaking into bite size chunks. Drain off the grease then pour the cooked sausage evenly into the slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- 4. Cook the taco filling on low for 8 hours, then serve with warmed tortillas, Brooks Chili Beans, and sour cream.